I came across this recipe today and had to try it out. I changed it up a bit and doubled some of the ingredient to make it feed a family. It turned out great and tasted amazing.
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1/2 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1 cup green peas
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 package dry fettuccine pasta
1. In large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and saute garlic for 2 minutes. Add chicken, pepper and Italian seasoning, and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink.
2. In medium bowl, stir together onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, milk and water. Add to chicken mixture.
3. Add peas and Parmesan to chicken, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. While sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil
5. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until done; drain. Toss pasta with sauce to serve.