1 package Hawaiian rolls
1/4 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 green pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 pound steak, thinly sliced (You can substitute ground beef)
Salt and pepper, to taste
12 slices provolone cheese
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Cut the sheet of Hawaiian rolls horizontally with a serrated knife. Place bottoms in a parchment-lined, oven-safe baking dish. You want the parchment to hang over a bit. Spread mayonnaise or Miracle Whip on rolls.
3) Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and green peppers. Cook for 5 minutes until tender. Add steak or ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Cook steak until tender. Remove from heat.
4) Top rolls with 6 slices of provolone cheese, cooked steak, green peppers, onions and 6 more slices of provolone cheese. Place roll tops over steak and brush with melted butter.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, or until top has browned and cheese has fully melted.
6) Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!